Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2012

Kindergarten for Life.

Haven't updated in awhile for all my friends that have me bookmarked..yes, all 2 of you.

I showed the kids a cartoon movie on Martin Luther King. This resulted in multiple kids crying and saying how mean the white people are. Which meant I had to cancel my lesson and have a discussion time instead about Martin Luther King.

Thursday was Crazy Hair Day. I love dress up days more than when I did as a kid haha. I had blue hair, as seen from this photo:

walking out to get my kids was the best thing ever. Just them screaming and pointing and me pointing back at them.

Friday, Liz came to observe my class and got to see the craziness of it. So fun. Of course everyone and their mom needed me/was looking for me that day. My job is never boring.

Today I sent my first kid to the principal's office. It was hard for me but I had to follow through. He was being violent and I said if he did one more thing, he would go to the principal. He then yelled "I HATE EVERYONE!!!!!!!" so I had to follow through after that haha. It was kind of hilarious. I was laughing behind my hands when he left. My class was HORRIBLE today. They lost recess and library tomorrow and I wrote 3 notes home. After this kid went to the principal, all other eyes were on me and they all looked like deer in headlights. I said "yeah...you all better watch out...or you know where you will end up too..."

Quotes:

"Miss Bechtel is it Crazy Hair Day for you AGAIN?!" (I was asked this today. So the answer is no, I just apparently look like crap and had my crazy scrunched hair because I am lazy).

A boy was sucking his knee on the carpet. I thought he was giving himself a hickey, but not to worry. He explained that he was only "sucking on his boo boo."

With all that good, comes a little bad. I am a bit stressed about some work relationships. The other Kinder teacher I have to work very closely with stresses me out, complains about everything and yesterday was in my room, practically in tears about being stressed and how we shouldn't do all these things the administration asks us too. It's really not a big deal (she is computer challenged and her problems wouldn't exist if she used the computer). The only part I get stressed about is when she complains about all of it. So she has been using the word "we" (as in her and me) a lot...saying "next time, we just aren't going to do it. We have had it. We need to confront so and so..." and I have never spoken the words she has so I just don't want to get caught up in this ugly situation. I don't want to be grouped in with her when she is complaining to others about everything, but I also can't sit there and tell her "it's really not something to stress about" when she is crying about everything to me in my room. There is just a lot going on with that. I am not really letting it get to me though. I wake up everyday, super excited about my job and about the fact that I haven't been sick in a month and I haven't had a headache in awhile!! That's all I need to be happy right now.

No comments: